Friday, March 17, 2006

Insanity and me

What a day it has been, insanity has taken a step closer to me. Michael Douglas is criticizing Brangelina!!! Pot is black, kettle is black, and nothing has changed!!! Lest you think I really care, I don't!!!!!! My son told me that my college professor was wrong; you should use an exclamation mark!!! if you wish to emphasize the statement you are trying to make. My professor said your statement should be emphatic enough that there is no need for an exclamation mark. Tell me what you think.

1. There's a tornado!
2. That dad gum thing just picked up my house and spit it out like a preacher spits out sinners.


Jerry, we are living in the era of instant messaging. Your son's professor is lucky to get his students to write whole words, much less sentences. You can't expect today's young people to write out complex, meaningful thoughts, when they routinely spend hours of time writing stuff like this.

Brangelina is a smashed together form of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. From now on I wish my wife and I to be called Jerole. (Carole, and Jerry) Molly and Tim would Timolly. My stomach is retching. My life is way to short for such compound names.
Who ever invents these: get a life!!! andStop it!!!!

O. K. no more !!!

On the contrary! My life is too short to have to say "Jerry and Carole".... You are Jerole to me from now on! It's the ultimate in conjugal unity!

Really this is interesting coming from a coupled smashed name like Timolly, which sounds like Mexican food entree'.

LOL! You're right! I didn't notice that... and I love Timollies!

Dress up Tell me how you feel about this one. Think before you participate.

Wow. That's awful. However it makes me proud of my religious heritage that no one is rioting anywhere or bombing anything or killing anyone over this. Imagine if someone put up a similar site depicting Mohammed? How many would die?

I see they have managed to find a way to get Zacarias Moussaoui out of the death penalty, sad state of affairs that one. See previous blogs to see how I feel about that miscreant.

I'm not so sure of that. News articles as recent as this morning say that the case is still in court. Of course the defense is going to come up with something. That's their job.

I have a theory for the reason men sometime refrain from getting directions, and it is contrary to popular feminine belief. It has been my experience that verbal directions (and this is, for the most part, all you can hope for) has most of the time been confusing and inadequate. Take for example: That's an easy one, just go down this street till you get to the first stop light. That's Jefferson street Ain't that right, Joe Bob, Jefferson street is the first light? Uh huh, that's right, Jefferson Street. Well doesn't matter. That's a one way and you can't turn on it anyway. Just keep going for three or four more lights, turn left go say ¼ of a mile and you'll see a Church with a tall steeple. That's the Methodist church; anyway the next street is Larson Lane. Turn on that, it's a one way but it is going the way you need to go. Four or five blocks on Larson you'll come to a cul-de-sac whose name I don't remember but just after that is the Road you need turn left about a ½ mile and there's Wal-Mart.

I will without a doubt turn on Jefferson Street: The one way to nowhere.

You hit the nail on the head! How I hate that!

I do not understand rainbows. How do they form? I am having a hard time understanding that the prism effect comes from light beams shining through raindrops. My mind cannot wrap around the concept. However; I am content seeing a rainbow. I do not have to wrap my mind around the visual effect rainbow. I just smile and say, ahh.

Love that site! I spent almost half an hour looking at all the cool pictures of rainbows and rainbowy things. Cool. There are so many amazing things in the world.

Gravity is the same way. Have you ever paid attention to the way things fall? Even the rapid descent of a cannon ball is a masterful thing to behold. A strap falling off of a load on the back of a semi-truck, watching the wriggling looping contortions cascading to the ground truly in defies anyone ability to express in words. It happens fast so you either have to pay close attention or have a camera handy.

Gravity is easy to explain: the world sucks. the sun sucks. the universe sucks.

I do some landscaping on the side. Last week I pointed out to my son how life is tenacious. There was a rock with a crack; inside this tiny fissure an elm seed had propagated and had grown to 5 inches in height. It had managed to survive the grueling high desert heat with little water, and no soil. Life is such a precious thing; it will tenaciously grasp even the smallest chance at survival. Would that all people saw and respected and encourage this tenacity. Human life is no different. Randal McCloy Jr., a coal miner in a cave in West Virginia is a fine example. I heard he finally went home to his family yesterday.

And yet life is so fragile. And sometimes death seems so arbitary. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, every year about 1400 children die in the U.S. due to unintentional drowning. 91% of these are not related to boating. These are infants and small children that drown unattended in bathtubs and swimming pools. Unintentional drowning is the second leading cause of death among toddlers 12-24 months old. What's going on here? If life is so precious, why does it hang by so slender a thread?

Life: Hang in there baby.

Life is a thing of beauty.

But gravity sucks. Doesn't that just about say it all?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very interesting that you made the Timolly name combo (my name is tim, and my wife's name is molly as well). Also, awesome that you made the Tamales connection - it was while I (Tim) was eating Tamales with Molly that I discovered the new domain name for my site (timolly.net).

have fun!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home